Sink or Swim

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fished In Every Time...

Why oh why do I get fished in by the rumors? I need to look back and laugh (I have to laugh, the alternative is no good) when I get overly optimistic. We've gone from "a realistic chance of a referral in September" back to "very lucky if we get a referral in October." The CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) is moving offices this week, after months of speculation about an impending move. Rumors range from little to no delays due to the move, to referrals will only go up to July 10th... In the meantime, we went to a childcare class at our agency on Saturday. It was a great refresher (ok, refresher is a bit of an understatement since I haven't really taken care of a baby since I was a teenager -- many moons ago), and both of us learned a lot. It's hot and muggy this weekend, and we are both cranky. This is typical of July midwestern weather, but it does make me wonder how people handle living in the Southeast (i.e. hot and humid much of the year). I hate to sweat, which might explain my less-than-athletic tendencies. Here's to a week of better news, more reliable rumors, and lower dewpoints...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home