Sink or Swim

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today, our daughter has her first birthday. DiDi is one. This is not going to be a long post, because I cannot dwell on the fact that we are missing this day. This big day. It is too hard to think about for any amount of time. I can't linger on the firsts we have missed, just on the ones we will actually get to experience. I can't do anything about the former, so I will try to focus on the latter. We are celebrating with her in spirit, and I am even baking a cake. For those of you who know me at all, you can pick your jaw right up off the floor. It's from a mix, ok?! I may even take a little photo of it to share the hilarity with you tomorrow. If you are reading this on the 30th, please take a moment to send good thoughts and wishes her way. I hope her care package made it in time. I hope they do something special for her today. I hope she gets extra attention and love. I hope a lot of things. Happy Birthday, my love. We will finally see you very, very soon. * Regarding the photo, I am clearly not a computer graphics wizard, ok? Don't mock me too much...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Crap, my first blog spam!

1/30/2007 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I just got that blog spam the other day (also my first!)
Regarding your post:
It is extremely difficult to think about the things that we missed during our daughters' first year here in the world, but you all will have a lifetime of firsts to celebrate together...
it is still something that I think about from time to time, but I don't let myself think too deeply about it cuz it makes me too sad.

Have a beautiful first birthday party as a family once you have her home with you...it won't matter that it is a tad late. It will still be her very 1st b-day party celebration and it will be grand...I look forward to seeing pics from that special day!

1/30/2007 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Steffie B. said...

I think the picture was darling! I'm sure she could feel your love!

2/03/2007 05:52:00 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Happy birthday Didi.
I love your dressed up picture.
Hang in there. She will be home soon.

2/03/2007 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger Emmie said...

So sorry to hear you're having a hard time! I'll keep you in my prayers!

2/04/2007 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home