Sink or Swim

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Packing Our Bags!

Travel will be here before we know it, and I am starting to get that panicky feeling like I haven't really studied for this test. Or done any of the reading. Or attended class in a long time. Have you had that dream? Right now it feels like I'm living it. I know it will be fine, and that we will figure this parenting thing out, but I'm feeling more than a little out of my element at the moment. A dear friend gave me a bag full of various bottles she attemped to use with her gorgeous daughter, and I just look at them in bewilderment. I actually Googled "how to mix formula in a bottle" last night. Should I be allowed to parent an innocent child? Luckily, we are they only first time parents in our agency's travel group. But how long before the others start pretending that they are napping when we stop by? I could use a little reassurance, and any sage parenting advice right about now. Please, comment away!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I promise you that YOU WILL BE FINE!
We also travelled with several experienced parents and they provided us with selfless love and help...you will all be there for each other on this trip of a lifetime.
You guys will figure it all out as you go along...It isn't easy, but you won't be alone!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

2/07/2007 08:40:00 PM  
Blogger Beckyb said...

Nikki is right - you will find help if you need but the rest just "kicks right in" - it's all built in and you just "know" what to do!! You'll do great - can't wait to follow along!

2/09/2007 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just found your blog, but wanted to say a belated congratulations on your referral. Your daughter is adorable. Good luck on your travel!

2/11/2007 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger Steffie B. said...

You'll be fine. Your group will help you and your sweet baby girl will feel your love. Everything you are feeling so normal....we all went through it....you'll be a great Mom!

2/12/2007 05:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home