Sink or Swim

Friday, August 04, 2006

A Song Stuck in My Head

Happens to me all the time. I love music, all kinds (ok, no opera and the hip-hop gets old quickly -- hey, I'm 40, what can I say), and I can't stand not having the radio on in my car. There is always a song or two in heavy rotation that speaks to me. A few months ago, when I was having a harder time coping with the adoption wait, it was Train's "Cab." You know -- "The days are better, the nights are still so lonely. Sometimes I think I’m the only cab on the road." I tend to like folky tunes in general, and I love the bluegrass twang of the song, reminds me of The Jayhawks. Anyway, since I am feeling a little more stable and upbeat about the wait (could it be because it is finally coming to an end?!), I have a new theme song, courtesy of KT Tunstall. It's called "Suddenly I See..." Suddenly I See KT Tunstall Her face is a map of the world Is a map of the world You can see she's a beautiful girl She's a beautiful girl And everything around her is a silver pool of light The people who surround her feel the benefit of it It makes you calm She holds you captivated in her palm Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see) This is what I wanna be Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see) Why the hell it means so much to me I feel like walking the world Like walking the world You can hear she's a beautiful girl She's a beautiful girl She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember What you heard She likes to leave you hanging on her word Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see) This is what I wanna be Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see) Why the hell it means so much to me And she's taller than most And she's looking at me I can see her eyes looking from a page in a magazine Oh she makes me feel like I could be a tower A big strong tower She got the power to be The power to give The power to see Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see) This is what I wanna be Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see) Why the hell it means so much to me The song is wonderfully upbeat and addictive. I listen to it, and I picture our daughter in my head. OK, I used to have an image that I created in my head, but lately, I keep picturing Karen's daughter on a blog I visit -- sorry Karen! Since I haven't actually seen our daughter yet, it's hard to create a random image after you've look at other families' referral photos on a daily basis... Anway, the song chokes me up and makes me smile at the same time. What can I say, I'm a simple girl with simple needs...

1 Comments:

Blogger Emanual said...

Hi Lee. I added an email address to my blogger profile. Drop me a note and we can discuss locaitons, etc. off line. :)

8/11/2006 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home